What Is Music Workshop?
- Music Workshop is a non-profit organization who provides an innovative, turnkey and free music program (open education resource) to elementary and middle schools
- Participating schools receive access to numerous courses through their own login portal
- Each course features a genre or instrument/instrument grouping, presenting facts and examples of music history, music appreciation and teaches the students how to use music in their everyday lives to enrich themselves
- Each course is a combination of a video and interaction with a teacher. The teacher works through Q&A sessions and fun activities with the students
- In addition to our school programming, Music Workshop also provides an additional online learning platform for students and their families so that students can continue to explore the world of music and families can seek local music resources for instruments, lessons and family fun concerts http://www.maestrosmovements.org
What Makes Music Workshop Different Than Other Supplemental Music Education Programs?
- Music Workshop is simple and easy to execute
- It is free to all participating schools, students and their families
- Each course is presented during school hours, resulting in an equal educational opportunity for all students
- The program is delivered through an online portal, providing easy access for schools to obtain the program and allowing them to work through the program at their own pace
- Any volunteer or staff member can facilitate the program – no knowledge of music or prior education experience is needed
- The program collaborates and partners with other local music organizations, musicians and educators to extend music education beyond the classroom
- Music Workshop will supplement as well as complement existing school music programs